Trekking sui monti Simien10 May 2016
Classic and modern routes1 March 2017
29 April – 6 May
28 October – 4 November
N. OF DAYS
770 € per person
You will find excellent terrain on which to practice your sports climbing. There are over 800 pitches with difficulties varying from 4a to 9a, all excellently bolted, on compact rock situated among beautiful beaches and on a plateau which is worth exploring during your days off. And for those who enjoy good food: the best quality goat cheese, olives, oil and honey can be found.
We are ready to set off, the group is being formed!!
- from Saturday 29 April to Saturday 6 May
- from Saturday 28 October to Saturday 4 November
- 7 days from Saturday to Saturday
- Meeting point at Athen’s airport
- Overnight stay in apartment
- The climbing is in three different areas which can all be reached from Leonidio
- Minimum 5 days of climbing (it is possible to stay an extra 2 days, this depends on the flight arrival and departure times)
- Breakfast and dinner will be prepared in the apartment
- Yoga on the beach early in the morning
- The group is made up of maximun 6 people
What to expect:
- Climbing on grade 5 and upwards
- Rope and knots techniques
- Learning how to belay
- Types of anchor points
- How to fall
- Improving your climbing technique
- Tricks of the trade
- Top roping and leading
The cost includes:
- 7 nights in an apartment with shared double rooms (it is possible to sleep in a single room by paying extra)
- Car rental
- Climbing lessons ever day
- You will be accompanied by an officially certified U.I.A.G.M. Mountain Guide
The cost does not include
- Kitty for food shopping
- Flight for Athens
- Climbing shoes
- Kevlar thread with locking carabiner
- 80 metre rope
- A set of quickdraws
- Friction hitch for belaying
Climbing in Leonidio
Recently Leonidio is experiencing a boom among climbers, from 2015 many climbing sites have risen, and the potential is enormous. The crags are only 5 to 20 minutes walk from the car park, within a 20 kilometre range from the town. There are other areas like Kiparissy and Napflion which are approximately one and a half hours drive from Leonidio.
During spring and autumn the Greek climate is ideal for climbing, it may be hot during the day but in the shade it will be cooler. Rain may not be excluded, but the water’s temperature during spring time is ideal for a swim, and excellent during autumn.
We will stay in clean and comfortable apartments, Greek style, situated near the sea. Each apartment has free wifi, kitchen, hot shower, bed linen as well as towels.
Need more information?
Contact me by filling out the form below, I will respond to your requests: