Hiking Selvaggio Blu Sardinia9 May 2016
Ski-mountaineering in Morocco9 May 2016
Duration of tour: 10 days
No. of days ski-mountaineering: 7 days
Maximum altitude: 3916 mt.
No. of overnight stays in hotels and B & B’s: 3 nights
No. of overnight stays in village houses:: 6 nights
The Turkish section of the Tauri mountain chain includes the Aladaglar massif and while still not frequented much by climbers and ski-mountaineers it offers the possibility of achieving great ascents. The erosion of the limestone rocks has created deep gorges and narrow valleys which have as much to offer as the more famous panoramas of the Dolomites.
On a clear day, from the summit of Demirkazik (3756 mt) you can see the extinct volcanoes on the horizon of Hasan Dag and the legendary Mount Argues, both goals of our trip.
We shall make tracks through valleys and limestone and volcanic rocks, over gentle slopes and narrow gorges, down gullies and over plains, always with great vertical height gains and across wild areas.
The trips require a good physical preparation, both for altitude and exertion. There will be short transfers every day by jeep or tractor. During the transfers we shall have an opportunity of visiting the famous Valley of Love and the Troglodyte settlements of Cappadocia.
- Day 1: flight to Ankara. On arrival meeting with representative of Turkish back-up agency, transfer of approx. 4 hours to the village of Ihlara at the foot of the Hasan Dag volcano.
- Day 2: Hasan Dag 3268 m, vertical height gain 1800 m, in the evening transfer by minibus to the village of Cukurbag approx. 2 hours. The village will become our ‘base camp’.
- Day 3: Mount Eznevit 3550 m, vertical height gain 1710 m, average ascent time 5 – 8 hours.
- Day 4: Mount Emler 3730 m, vertical height gain approx. 2000 m, average ascent time 7 -8 hours.
- Day 5: Mount Panciarlik 2892 m, vertical height gain 920 m, approx. ascent time 3 hours.
- Day 6: Mount Alaca 3307 m (arriving at pass), vertical height gain 1540 m, approx. ascent time 5 – 6 hours.
- Day 7: exploratory trip to the Siyirma Vada, in this valley I have seen great possibilities for ascents up saddles or passes.
- Day 8: rest day, with transfer and visit to Cappadocia. We shall visit the underground city of Dirinkuyu: 8 levels, 87 metres underground. We shall then visit the open air museum of Goreme and the beautiful Valley of Love. Obligatory stop in a public ‘hammam’ for a hot Turkish bath.
- Day 9: departure at dawn for our last trip: Mount Argeus 3916 m, vertical height gain 1900 m, approx. time 7 – 8 hours, after the trip, transfer to the hotel in Ankara.
- Day 10: return trip home
Need more information?
Contact me by filling out the form below, I will respond to your requests: